Methods of Giving
Annual Cash Donations
Cash, check, and Visa/MasterCard transactions are the most common forms of annual support.
- Make your check out to the appropriate area; Duck Athletic Fund for current gifts and the University of Oregon Foundation for endowments.
- To receive a deduction in the calendar year, deliver and mail the payment with a US postal service post marked by Dec 31.
Gifts of Investment
Appreciated securities, real property or tangible personal assets are accepted by the Duck Athletic Fund and the University of Oregon Foundation.
- Gifts of securities are valued at their mean value on the day we "receive" the gift. Make sure you leave 7-10 days cushion for the administrative time to process a year end gift.
- Gifts of appreciated stock "held over one year" are deducted at their full fair market value without any tax on their appreciation.
- Gifts of appreciated real property may also avoid any unrecognized capital gains taxes. To maximize your tax savings, we encourage you to consult with the campus Office of Gift Planning.
Many companies match employee contributions. Gift credit is given for your personal donation and the company's matching gift.
Contributions of product, merchandise, equipment, or services are often provided in support of the Athletic Department. Gift-in-kind donations must receive approval from the Duck Athletic Fund and are reviewed on a yearly basis.
Capital Project Donations (including assessments)*
These gifts are critical to our future and provide lifetime priority points.
Gifts from your IRA
IRA gifts can be given to Oregon Athletics without any tax implications. This is particularly powerful because IRA distributions to family members will be subject to income taxes and may be subject to estate taxes. For a complete description of your options go to the following link: http://giftplan.uoregon.edu/
The UO Athletic Department accepts estate gifts, including wills, life insurance and living trusts. For a complete description of your options go to the following link: http://giftplan.uoregon.edu/
Life Income Gifts*
Charitable trusts or gift annuities allow a donor to make a major gift while receiving cash payments for a fixed period of time or for life. For a complete description of your options go to the following link: http://giftplan.uoregon.edu/
* These gifts help accumulate priority points, but do not apply towards annual priority seating and parking requirements.